Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 1 in Saratoga Springs

Not a bad drive really.

The only advice I have is, kids, don't eat hotdogs, they are not your friends.

I'm sitting in the bar at my hotel, gulping pink drinks with rum in them.

I am staying at The Inn at Saratoga if anyone wants to visit me. It's a nice old hotel on Broadway. I love  this bar. When I booked this hotel I imagined myself sitting in this bar downing drinks and writing. I imagined Elvis music playing, but someone likes the Beatles. 

Wow my food is here.


WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE!!!

Okay picture of the hotel and the horse out front, because this town is all about horses and pointe shoes.



The thunderstorm finally caught up with me so that when I arrived it was raining. The pictures seem therefore a little hazy to me.

I spent a little time resting after my arrival.

Feeling my chakra all out of whack I looked up a yoga studio and decided to walk to the 6 o'clock class that was called " yoga for everybody".

The walk was really nice, Saratoga Springs is an old town, lots of really cool architecture. Lots of horse statues and pointe shoe statues.





So I went to the yoga class....



I learned that yoga is yoga, no matter where you do it.

They didn't give me a pose that I had not already experienced. 

I think what makes it difficult is not knowing how long this new teacher is going to ask you to hold a pose. I found myself being asked to move through poses that I was used to holding and holding poses that I was used to moving through.

I found myself really wanting to do my teachers at JPY proud. I think Tina does a fantastic job of explaining what to do with your hips in triangle pose. I found myself very proud of my JPY training when the teacher looked at my triangle and said, Wow!!!

I kept trying to think of what my teachers have taught me and do my own practice. However, no one does Savasana like Paul and no one explains things like Darlene. I also would have cared for more breath instruction and work.

But over all it was really nice.

I'm on drink number 3 so I will end with goodnight :)

yesterday....love was such an easy game to play...now I need a place to hide away......


No comments:

Post a Comment