Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The National Museum of Dance


Okay...my dinner ride has been canceled. I still am holding out hope for a trail ride at 2 pm. I should know by 1 pm if that is going to happen.

But first my morning visit to The National Museum of Dance.

The museum is housed in an old bath house. Interestingly your tour also includes a small section that has been restored into its old bath house glory days.

So first the historical photos.


Scale....which I didn't like.


Torture chamber.


In case poopy comes off its mat and gets stuck on the water slide.


Dance museum...


horses out front



Alvin Ally dress (daughter correction: Alvin Ailey)


TuTu from Don Quixote...it is so small.


My daughter will recall what this is from and help me out. (Daughter clarification...Alvin Ailey...Revelations...Wade in the Water)


Ben Vareen's shoes


Men's costume from Swan Lake....it was small too.

My daughter claims she has a peasant foot.



The bronze statues are beautiful and I wanted to run my fingers over them...but I didn't :)







There are pointe shoes everywhere...all signed.


The exhibit where they talk about how pointe shoes are made was very interesting.
My daughter would likely say..."toe pads are for pussys!"

Ooh...ooh...they called me to go horse back riding....now!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment