Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The horsey tried to kill me!!

His name was Dillinger.


Okay so they called me at about 12:30 and told me if I drove up to the stables they would take me for a ride.

So I eagerly stopped what I was doing and dressed for the woods/riding and headed north on 87 to exit 21 and Bennett's Riding Stables. 

Great place, very hospitable people. They really went out of their way to get a ride in for me. I didn't get dinner, but that's okay.



Mount Crumpet (Beach Mountain)...I'm about to scale it on horseback!

My guides horse.


The last good photo.


Unfortunately, I'm not sure how people shot guns from on top of a horse, never the less pictures.

And it was maybe the most peaceful and beautiful 2 hours of my life. We climbed through mountain trails and across babbling brooks. Beautiful trees that I don't know the names of but have seen people try to capture in paintings. I was riding along peacefully thinking, I could have done Charro! with Elvis this is a piece of cake (or pi). A deer came darting across our path and was so close to us. I tried to take some pictures during the ride but the asshole, I mean horse, wasn't cooperative.


Blurry but you can kind of see the deer.



Babbling brook...the horse moved at the last second.


Fortunately when you get to the top of mount crumpet (Beach Mountain)...you dismount in an attempt to take some photos to prove you made it to the top.

It was breath taking, spectacular, scary to stand at the edge.




Man made lake...supposed to look like the United States.


Dillinger...looking at me like... "I'm not carrying your ass back down that mountain!!"


If you look at the clearing down there...that's how far we climbed.


It took two hours...we passed the deer again on the way down. Thank you Dillinger.

I hurt EVERYWHERE!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment