Saturday, June 23, 2012

Charles Schultz Museum.

Sitting in a Starbucks in Windsor, CA eating oatmeal and drinking coffee.

My three favorite places to visit in all the world are libraries, laundromats and museums. So yesterday after my Half Moon Bay rejuvenation I decided to head north to Santa Rosa and see the Charles Schultz Museum.

The museum is a celebration of Charles Schultz's life and his comic strip. Although the museum does have a few coloring areas for children, it is truly an adult museum.

Charles Schultz was passionate about a lot of things, but he was very passionate regarding the equal treatment of women in sports and hockey.

The museum is filled with Peanuts character art that has been produced by other people.




This mural is made up of peanuts daily comic strips.



I took a close up shot so you can see.



There are wood carved character plaques and the instructions tell you to decide which character you most identify with. I suppose I am some combination of Peppermint Patty and Marci.




This comic struck me, as this is how I think I look and it's certainly how I feel when I try to dress up.



Even Lucy doesn't understand men.



Billy Jean King's tennis outfit.



His daughter's wall in her bedroom, this is before he started his comic strip.



Original music to Christmas Time is Here.


Sketch book from the war.


The desk and chair where he drew the comic strip


This entire room was preserved exactly as it was the day he died.



Lots of books on Lincoln. Among the record albums, ABBA's Greatest Hits and Ricky Skaggs.



Snoopy art.



Teacher stuff.



This is by a famous artist. It's Snoopy's dog house. I don't get it???



There is a cafe on the property called the Warm Puppy Cafe. You can sit and have lunch and watch the ice skaters. I thought it was appropriate to have a grilled cheese.

Wasn't that the lunch they were always having in the comic strip?

2 comments:

  1. Alex, so glad to see you are enjoying yourself! Micki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not anonymous sweety...I know who you are :)

      Delete