Friday, June 22, 2012

Half Moon Bay

Wow, again...too wonderful for words.

Half Moon Bay is a beach community in Northern California. I decided to stay at The Ritz Carlton and do a spa day. I arrived at the hotel about an hour early for my appointment. I figured I would have to wait in the lobby and have them store my luggage.

But not at The Ritz Carlton. They treated me like gold from the moment I walked in the door. I'm not used to having someone do stuff for me. Open the door and take my bags, I mean I know I am paying for this, but, all the while smiling. I was so worried I would walk in the place and be made to feel like I didn't belong. NOT TRUE AT ALL!

Eric took me to my room and turned on the fire and told me he would be up later to check on me. The bed was a giant marshmallow with 6 poofy pillows. The bathroom was too much. I couldn't find the toilet. Silly me, it had its own room. The ocean right outside my sliding glass door.




Bathroom entrance.



Marble shower, door to the toilet.



View from the hall.

So I went to my spa appointment and again...words don't do it justice. I was in a robe the whole time going from treatment to treatment and lounging on big poofy couches drinking lemon water. I kept thinking, where are my clothes, where are my keys...oh that's right, it doesn't matter.

I got a massage, a facial (which was out of this world), a manicure and pedicure.

The facial and the pedicure stand out. I could not imagine how they were going to spend 90 minutes on my face, but it was my head, face, neck, chest, arms, hands and upper back. My face is now as smooth as butta!

The pedicure was almost embarrassing. I admit I don't take care of my feet. They are too small for me. They hurt all the time. They don't like shoes. I always buy them the wrong shoes. I work on them, run on them and do nothing for them.

God bless this woman. She was pulling stuff out of the corners of my toe nails with a dental instrument. She filed and sanded and cut and picked and scrubbed my feet. You could now eat off my feet. My feet have never been so clean and soft. I swear she picked out dirt that has been in there since I was 10.

5 hours later I emerged. Sparkly and brand new. Like the cowardly lion and all in the Wizard of Oz, ready to meet the wizard.

I came back upstairs to find that Eric had left my wine and my s'mores kit. They brought my dinner to my room and I gobbled it down.




Dinner ready for gobbling.

Later I sat by the fire toasting marshmallows and drinking my wine, sounds of the ocean off in the distance.




Marshmallow roasting.



Wine on "tall dark handsome strangers" chair.

After a peaceful and dreamless night of sleep, I ran along the ocean trails in the morning. No need for music. Very solitary, the way I think a beach should be. Very moody scene as well, which I also like, certainly not ordinary.




Trails.




Beach early morning.




They brought me breakfast, and eventually gave me back my car keys.




The only minus was that they don't have packages for ONESIES...so the package I purchased was for two...one half of it going unused...fools!

But I enjoyed myself :)


7 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed The Ritz! Now, back to the Keystone state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could've enjoyed this with you, sounds like ur having a blasty blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How tough will it be to head east? Seems like an ideal place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never have left this place...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to go across country with you some day. This trip is amazing! I mean amazeballs a mucking phasing.

    ReplyDelete