Sunday, June 10, 2012

Packing

Where did all the months go? I am suddenly down to days. I started to pack my bag tonight. It was weird. Why? Because It didn't matter to me what I packed. Everything I do on this trip is for me, so I am packing for me and dressing for me. It dawned on me as I looked at my clothes that I really don't care about clothing. I did pack my clothes but I didn't worry if I had everything that might be needed because I can just buy something if I suddenly need for example a bathing suit, or a different pair of shoes. I am probably most concerned that I pack my running gear. Time to run. That really sounds good. I also want to pack my cat, but I can't do that. Why? Because he will be more unhappy with me in the car than if I leave him here. It is selfish of me and I'm likely to regret it rather quickly and there will be no turning back, so I will have to live with that clearly emotional decision for my whole trip. Also then I suppose the trip would be about taking care of the cat on the road. Which I am sure I would be very good at, I'm very good at caring for things, animals and people. I'm very good at calculus too, better to take some calculus problems. The trip is supposed to be about ME...and I'm worried quite frankly about REALLY having to spend that much time with her again. Oh bother...two more days of school in front of me before I begin.

2 comments:

  1. I am taking this trip with you albeit VIRTUALLY... Have a blast but please be safe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be safe...(this from a man who took me to some truck in a very bad neighborhood for lunch today.)

    ReplyDelete