Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Mojave Desert

What an incredible drive yesterday. I saw so many different landscapes. Too many for one day that's for sure.

The highlight of the drive was being stopped at an inspection station just as I entered California. ALL VEHICLES MUST STOP. And the road is blocked, so you have to stop.

I pulled up to the booth and rolled down my window fully expecting to be asked about weapons, drugs or maybe illegal aliens.

The inspection worker: "Where are you coming from?"

ME(very punch drunk from the drive and obviously itching for a cavity search): "back there"

The inspection dude(grinning): "where?"

ME(maybe not so itchy): "Pennsylvania"

The inspection dude(still grinning): "are you carrying any FRUIT?"

ME(thinking...nah dude you ain't gettin' my last apple in my cooler): "FRUIT!!???"

No guns, illegal aliens, drugs....you want to know if I have FRUIT?

And I lied to him...I told him No....because I had that one apple.

I passed the inspection.

Insane...maybe it was a mirage in the desert?????

Off to see some things today...will post pictures later.



3 comments:

  1. Yes, fruit. They are very worried about fruit flies and such. AG is a huge business in Cali and they protect it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch that sarcasm. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. they prob wanted to know if you were storing any drugs in your fruit...obviously. or they said "fruit" but they actually meant guns.

    ReplyDelete